Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Living Room Wall Project

Thanks to Esty I've discovered a treasure trove of new art for the house.  A French artist called Coco de Paris repurposes antique 1920s Parisian periodicals for her canvasses:


Thumbnail versions, cropped some of the images off

"Mixed media of my original artwork in real acrylic hand painting and ink print. It's on an authentic antique paper from around 1920s of the famous Parisian magazine “La Petit Illustration” , a weekly French literary journal that published plays, novels and short stories.

Every creation is unique, you will receive the image as you see in the picture. Every artwork is handsigned and dated." 


At a going rate of about $10.00, I wasn't expecting much.  When I received these beauties in the mail (I ordered 6) I was blown away at the quality.  The pictures on the Etsy store do not do them justice, you really have to see them in person.  I was having a difficult time finding frames for these that I liked.  I ended up ordering online because when you're looking for 6 nice frames that sure adds up!  Kohls  had a buy one get one for $1 sale so I ended up getting six of these to put them in:



The idea is to incorporate lots of ledges and elements to go with the prints in the living room.  I've picked up several things here and there.  Large letters as seen below, ceramic figurines, smaller frames, and the like. Here is a few examples of my inspiration:



I can't wait to get this living room wall project finished!  Present home of empty walls.  Future home of awesomeness:









1 comment:

  1. I did similiar prints in my kitchen about a year ago. Love them! I think I also paid $10 a piece.

    http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/190079621.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1319574288&Signature=ID2KeTKGgVI%2FAX7i%2Boh8fvBJ6xw%3D

    ReplyDelete