Monday, August 1, 2011

Let the projects begin.

I've been pretty scarce on the blogging lately.  With starting the new position at work, and the move my time has been completely monopolized.  I'm hoping to get back into a routine, especially since I'll have all sort of new fun home-improvement stuff to talk about!  I took several pictures of our first full weekend in the new house.  We have several items on the wish list, but here goes. 

The backyard was professionally landscaped in 2009, and unfortunately the seller didn't keep it up very well.  It desperately needs to be mulched, but with some help this weekend just removing the large weeds made a huge improvement:

The koi pond now just needs some koi!



The furniture I bought from World Market to go on the deck is now residing on the sun porch.  For one reason, I don't have anything else to go in there.  And secondly, we MUST have that deck power washed sooner rather than later.  Again, seller neglect.  In the meantime, the Ferg is really enjoying it!!!




Whenever I move I always like to buy new bedding.  Overstock is such a great discount place for bedding, especially if you like to change often like I do and don't want to spend a fortune!  I ordered on Sunday, got no expedited shipping, and this lovely new bedding was on the doorstep by Wednesday!


Still a bit wrinkly from the packaging


 On the list of things for the next year...or two....are expanding the shower in the master suite bedroom.  Who lived there, Frodo and Sam?  Seriously.  Making the hot tub that doesn't work outside into a mini-garden.  We'll put up the hot tub on Craig's list, then fill in the wooden area on the deck with soil and voila!  Mini garden area!  I'd like to make the semi-attached (through a breezeway) 1 car garage into an attached 2 car garage.  This is a lofty and expensive project that will be down the road.  But is definitely on the list.  Other than that, here are a few pics as of the first week in! 

AHH!  Front loaders!  Best.  Things.  Ever. 

Outdoor rug, on lower part of deck.
Red basement...not crazy about the color. 

Formal living room upstairs, with new sofa!


And there ya have it.  We've got our work cut out for us on several projects, and I'm ready to let the fun begin!  Pete however...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment