Friday, April 8, 2011

Well slap me around and call me Sally.

Peyton Manning, my favorite professional athlete and wife Ashley had twins...and no one knew about it!  Crazy.  When I worked at the animal hospital several years back, Ashley and Peyton brought their pets to us.  Ashley was always SO nice, and SO very down to earth.  It was a little exciting to know that you're petting Peyton Mannings dogs.  Kind of like, he pets his dogs, so technically I've touched Peyton Manning.  Ok, not really I know that's delusional.  Anyway, Olivia Manning confirmed it today via her hometown newspaper.  For more info, go here.  Congrats to the Mannings!  Oh, and if you're curious, their dogs were Colt and Rookie.  Two labs, one chocolate, one black.


Derby Disco Dog in Training!
 In other news it's Friday and pretty gorgeous outside.  Rigby and I played a little frisbee after work this week...as we're trying desperately to make her a frisbee dog.  We are attending Derby City Disco Dogs tomorrow to watch some real pro's.  A lot of these dogs are Aussie's like her, but as you might imagine the majority are Border Collie's.  I did learn through their website that they have "Miniature" Aussies too!  Who knew.  Sure wish we could miniaturize the Rigster...she's starting to be a menace with that tail wagging at coffee table height!!! 


I'm ready for a quiet weekend with no plans.  We've just been on the go too much between vacation and traveling for work.  I think I'm ready to vegetate for a while.  I'd also like to give a shout out to my favorite blogger in the world, and also a very talented author.  If you're not reading Jennsylvania, you need to be!  This woman kills me.  Her pet related and Twilight blogs are my favorite.  (Don't worry, the Twilight ones are few and far between)  She's a riot and any woman will appreciate her writing.  She's the preppier Chelsea Handler, with much less vulgarity.   Not taking away from my other love, Chelsea of course!  I hope everybody has a great weekend and gets to enjoy some fun in the sun.  I've been sprucing things up around the house by planting several pots of pansies...a shout out to my Kappa Alpha Theta sista's!  (Pansies were our flower for you non-Greek folk)

No comments:

Post a Comment