Friday, February 17, 2012

2012, pretty busy so far!

I've really slacked off on the updates lately.  2012 has proved to be a pretty intense year so far, especially as work goes.  That being said it's already brought forth tons of exciting opportunity and we're both eager to see what the months ahead will bring!  I'll leave that somewhat cryptic for now, but onto more fun things to discuss.

The Superbowl!  Everyone was giving Madonna a hard time for her lip synching.  I thought she gave a great, tasteful performance and for being 53...the woman has still got it.  No doubt about that.  She did confess to lip synching the first three numbers, but did give a live performance of "Like a Prayer".   Perhaps I'm biased as she has been and will always be an icon and favorite of mine.  Naturally as a die hard Colts fan I was ecstatic to see the Patriots lose.  Them losing in Lucas Oil Stadium added a little more sugar on top!  The commercials this year were much better than in recent years too, in my opinion.  The dog in the fat suit, the french bulldog racing the greyhounds, the baby in the slingshot stealing Dorito's...so many good ones!  I was so disappointed that they didn't play my favorite Volkswagen one.  If you haven't seen it, check it out here:

Dogs, Star Wars...what's not to love?!

 

In the realm of reading, I have just started Stephen King's, "Under the Dome" at my Dad's recommendation.  I am about 100 pages in (it's 1400 pages!) and so far so good.  This one will take a while to get through, especially at the pace I'm currently going to a review is probably pretty far off.  It takes place in a small rural town in Maine and just as the title would indicate, a mysterious force field suddenly appears over the city preventing anyone inside leaving, and vice versa.  Tons of interesting characters so far, and I'm still in the character development stage.  Stephen King has been hit or miss for me.  One of my favorite books of all time is Salem's Lot, however he really missed for me personally with "Duma Key".  I didn't get it...at all. 

I hope everyone has had a great and successful start to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment